NZ vs BAN: New Zealand and Bangladesh are set to face off in the 11th match of the ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup on Friday, October 13, 2023, at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai, India. New Zealand are one of the favorites to win the tournament, while Bangladesh are looking to make a deep run and perhaps even reach the semifinals.
NZ vs BAN (New Zealand vs Bangladesh) Match Details:
|Match||New Zealand vs Bangladesh|
|League||ICC Mens ODI Cricket World Cup|
|Date||Thursday, 13th October 2023|
|Time||02:00 PM (IST) – 08:30 AM (GMT)|
NZ vs BAN Match Analysis:
New Zealand come into the match on the back of two consecutive wins, having defeated England by nine wickets in their opening match and the Netherlands by 99 runs in their second match. Their batting lineup is in good form, with Devon Conway scoring a century in the first match and Martin Guptill and Kane Williamson contributing with half-centuries. Their bowling lineup is also strong, with Trent Boult, Matt Henry, and Mitchell Santner all picking up wickets in the first two matches.
Bangladesh, on the other hand, come into the match on the back of a 137-run defeat to England in their opening match. Their batting lineup struggled against England’s bowlers, with only Litton Das and Mahmudullah Riyad scoring over 50 runs. Their bowling lineup also struggled to contain England’s batsmen, with only Mehidy Hasan Miraz picking up more than one wicket.
However, Bangladesh will be confident of their chances against New Zealand. They have a strong spin bowling attack, which is likely to be well-suited to the conditions in Chennai. They also have a few experienced batsmen in their lineup, such as Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim, who can score runs against any bowling attack.
NZ vs BAN Head to Head
|Format||Matches||New Zealand Wins||Bangladesh Wins||No Result|
NZ vs BAN Recent Form:
New Zealand have been in excellent form in recent months, winning their last 10 ODI matches. They recently defeated Sri Lanka 3-0 in a home series, and then beat Bangladesh 2-0 in an away series. New Zealand have a strong batting lineup led by Kane Williamson, Martin Guptill, and Ross Taylor, and a well-balanced bowling attack led by Trent Boult, Tim Southee, and Matt Henry.
Bangladesh, on the other hand, have been in inconsistent form in recent months. They lost their last ODI series against New Zealand, but they did manage to win their previous ODI series against Ireland 2-1. Bangladesh have a talented batting lineup led by Shakib Al Hasan, Liton Das, and Tamim Iqbal, but their bowling attack can be inconsistent.
Pitch Report: Pitch is expected to be neutral with the help of pacers.
AUS vs SA Weather Report:
According to the weather forecast, the current weather at M.A. Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai is 32°C with fog. The humidity is 80%. The wind is blowing from the east at 10 km/h.
The temperature is expected to rise to 34°C in the afternoon and then drop to 29°C in the evening. The humidity will remain high throughout the day.
There is a 20% chance of rain in the evening.
NZ vs BAN (New Zealand vs Bangladesh) Probable PlayingXI
Devon Conway, Will Young, Rachin Ravindra, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham (c & wk), Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, Mitchell Santner, Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult
Tanzid Hasan, Litton Das, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Shakib Al Hasan ©, Mehidy Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahi. (wk), Towhid Hridoy, Mahedi Hasan, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Mustafizur Rahman
NZ vs BAN Key Player Stats
- Kane Williamson (captain): One of the best batsmen in the world and a shrewd captain. He will be looking to lead New Zealand to their first Cricket World Cup title.
- Trent Boult: One of the most dangerous bowlers in the world, Boult is capable of swing and seam with the new ball and can also be effective at the death.
- Devon Conway: A left-handed opener who has been in excellent form in recent months. He is a key player in New Zealand’s top order.
- Tim Southee: Another experienced bowler, Southee is a consistent wicket-taker and will be a key part of New Zealand’s attack.
- Mitchell Santner: A left-arm orthodox bowler who can also bat well. He is a valuable all-rounder who can provide balance to the New Zealand team.
- Shakib Al Hasan (captain): One of the best all-rounders in the world, Shakib is a key player for Bangladesh. He is a dangerous batsman and a wicket-taking bowler.
- Mustafizur Rahman: A right-arm fast bowler who is known for his accuracy and cutters. He is a key weapon in Bangladesh’s bowling attack.
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz: An off-spinner who is a wicket-taker. He will be a key part of Bangladesh’s spin attack.
- Litton Das: A wicket-keeper batsman who is a dangerous hitter. He is one of Bangladesh’s most important batsmen.
- Najmul Hossain Shanto: A left-handed batsman who is in good form. He will be looking to score big runs for Bangladesh in the Cricket World Cup.
NZ vs BAN Dream11 Prediction – Suggested Team#1[SL]
Wicketkeeper: Litton Das, Devon Conway
Batsmen: Najmul Hossain Shanto, Daryl Mitchell, Will Young
All-rounders: Shakib Al Hasan, Mitchell Santner, Rachin Ravindra, Mehidy Hasan Miraz
Bowlers: Matt Henry, Shoriful Islam
Captain: Devon Conway (NZ) Vice-Captain: Litton Das (BAN)
NZ vs BAN Dream11 Prediction – Suggested Team#2[GL]
Wicketkeeper: Devon Conway
Batters: Kane Williamson, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Daryl Mitchell
All-rounders: Shakib Al Hasan, Mitchell Santner, Mahedi Hasan, Mehidy Hasan Miraz
Bowlers: Ish Sodhi, Mustafizur Rahman
Captain: Kane Williamson (NZ) Vice-Captain: Rachin Ravindra (NZ)
DISCLAIMER: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.