AUS vs SA: Australia and South Africa will meet in a highly anticipated match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 on Thursday, October 12, at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium in Lucknow.
Australia are one of the favorites to win the tournament, but they have not been at their best so far. They lost their opening match against India and then struggled to beat England. However, they came back to form with a comprehensive win over Sri Lanka in their last match.
South Africa, on the other hand, have started the tournament well. They won their opening match against Sri Lanka by a huge margin and then followed it up with a close win over England. They will be looking to continue their winning streak against Australia.
AUS vs SA (Australia vs South Africa) Match Details
|Match||Australia vs South Africa (AUS vs SA)|
|League||ICC Mens ODI Cricket World Cup|
|Date||Thursday, 12th October 2023|
|Time||02:00 PM (IST) – 08:30 AM (GMT)|
Australia have a strong batting lineup, but their middle order has been their Achilles heel in recent times. David Warner and Steven Smith are in good form, but Marnus Labuschagne and Glenn Maxwell have not been able to fire consistently.
South Africa also have a strong batting lineup, with Quinton de Kock, Rassie van der Dussen, and Aiden Markram all in good form. However, they will need their lower order to contribute if they want to post big totals.
Australia’s bowling attack is led by Pat Cummins and Mitchell Starc. However, they have not been as effective as they would like to be so far in the tournament. South Africa’s bowling attack is led by Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje. They have been more consistent than Australia’s bowlers so far in the tournament.
AUS vs SA Head to Head
- Australia and South Africa have met 108 times in ODIs, with Australia winning 50 matches and South Africa winning 54 matches.
- Australia have won their last six matches against South Africa.
- Quinton de Kock is the leading run-scorer in the tournament so far, with 245 runs in three matches.
- David Warner is the second-leading run-scorer in the tournament so far, with 218 runs in three matches.
- Kagiso Rabada is the leading wicket-taker in the tournament so far, with eight wickets in three matches.
This is a tough match to predict, but Australia are the slight favorites. They have a more experienced team and a better batting lineup. However, South Africa have been the more consistent team so far in the tournament.
Australia 55% chance of winning
South Africa 45% chance of winning
Pitch Report: Pitch is expected to be neutral with the help of pacers.
AUS vs SA Weather Report: Weather in Lucknow, IN is haze. The temperature is expected to around 27°C on the match day with 78% humidity and 1.7 km/h wind speed. And the Visiblity is 5 KM.
AUS vs SA (Australia vs South Africa) Probable PlayingXI
Steve Smith, David Warner, MP Stoinis, Marnus Labuschagne, MR Marsh, GJ Maxwell, AT Carey (wk), Pat Cummins (C), Josh Hazlewood, A Zampa, Mitchell Starc
BENCH: JP Inglis, TM Head, C Green, Sean Abbott, AC Agar
HE van der Dussen, T Bavuma (C), DA Miller, AK Markram, M Jansen, Q de Kock, H Klaasen (wk), L Ngidi, K Rabada, G Coetzee, KA Maharaj
BENCH: T Shamsi, RR Hendricks, AL Phehlukwayo, LB Williams
AUS vs SA Player Stats
Australia (AUS) Key Players
- Mitchell Marsh [0, 4, 71, 6, 29]
- Glenn Maxwell [15, 54*, 13, (23, 1W)]
- Pat Cummins [0W, 1W, 1W, 3W, 0W]
- Steven Smith [46, 0, 41, (85, 1W)]
- David Warner [41, 53, 52, 10, 12]
- Mitchell Starc [1W, [2W, 1W], 1W, 2W]
- Josh Hazlewood [3W, 1W, 2W, 0W, 3W]
South Africa (SA) Key Players
- David Miller [39*, 63, 82, 8, 49]
- Keshav Maharaj [2W, 4W, 1W, 2W, 1W]
- Kagiso Rabada [2W, 3W, 2W, 2W, 2W]
- Gerald Coetzee [3W, 0W, 0W, 4W, 2W]
- Quinton de Kock [100, 27, 45, 82, 45]
- Rassie van der-Dussen [108, 30, 62, 17]
- Aiden Markram [106, 93, 102*, 0W, 19]
AUS vs SA Dream11 Prediction – Suggested Team#1[SL]
AUS vs SA Dream11 Prediction – Suggested Team#2[GL]
Other Captain and Vice-Captain Choices
Mitchell Marsh [PTs: 1, CR: 8.5]
Steven Smith [PTs: 55, CR: 8.5]
David Warner [PTs: 59, CR: 9]
Mitchell Starc [PTs: 63, CR: 9]
Quinton de Kock [PTs: 132, CR: 8.5]
DISCLAIMER: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.