Asian Para Games 2023: Indian para athletes had a record-breaking performance at the Asian Para Games 2023 in Hangzhou, China, winning a total of 111 medals, including 29 gold, 31 silver, and 51 bronze. This surpassed the country’s previous best medal tally of 72 medals, including 15 gold, from the 2018 Asian Para Games.
India finished fifth on the medal tally behind hosts China, Iran, Japan, and the Republic of Korea. China won 521 medals, including 214 gold, to occupy the top spot.
Indian para athletes won medals in a variety of sports, including athletics, badminton, chess, shooting, swimming, and table tennis. Athletics was the most successful sport for India, with athletes winning 55 medals, including 18 gold.
Some of the notable medal winners for India include:
- Neeraj Yadav, who won gold in the men’s javelin throw F55 event with a Games record throw of 33.69m.
- Gurjar Sundar Singh, who set a new world record in the men’s javelin throw F46 event with a gold medal-winning 68.60m effort.
- Sumit Antil, who set a new world record in the men’s javelin throw F64 event with a 73.29m attempt.
- Praveen Kumar, who won gold in the men’s high jump T42 event with a personal best jump of 1.97m.
- Singhraj Adana, who won gold in the men’s discus throw F42 event with a personal best throw of 65.50m.
- Devendra Jhajharia, who won his fourth Asian Para Games gold medal in the men’s javelin throw F46 event.
- Bhavani Devi, who won gold in the women’s table tennis singles TT5 event.
- Sonalben Patel, who won gold in the women’s badminton singles SH6 event.
- Aruna Tanwar, who won gold in the women’s shooting P4 mixed 50m pistol event.
- Para chess team, which won gold in the mixed team event.
India’s success at the Asian Para Games 2023 is a testament to the hard work and dedication of the country’s para athletes and coaches. It is also a sign of the growing support for para sports in India.
Full List of Indian Medal Winners at the Asian Para Games 2023
Athletics: 55 medals (18 gold, 17 silver, 20 bronze)
Badminton: 21 medals (4 gold, 10 silver, 7 bronze)
Chess: 8 medals (1 gold, 2 silver, 5 bronze)
Shooting: 6 medals (1 gold, 2 silver, 3 bronze)
Swimming: 14 medals (2 gold, 6 silver, 6 bronze)
Table Tennis: 7 medals (1 gold, 3 silver, 3 bronze)
Other: 1 medal (bronze)
Congratulations to all the Indian medal winners at the Asian Para Games 2023!
DISCLAIMER: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.